Share your Beach Clean Selfies with us!
Do you visit the local beach? Are you looking for an excuse to get out there? Would you give a little of your time and effort to help our beach cleaning campaign?
We are asking and encouraging all students, with their families and friends to visit any local beach this spring armed with a refuse sack, litter picker, protective gloves and a smart phone or tablet to record their plastic pollution findings and clean-up efforts and to share their photos and experiences with us at
or via our Facebook page using #avetnsbeachclean19
The Green Flag Team will carry out their own beach clean in March and share their own experiences. We hope that by sharing all of our findings and experiences in this way, we will
– promote the activity of our communities cleaning and improving our beaches
– raise awareness locally of the growing problem of plastics pollution particularly in our marine environment
– set a good example of positive and responsible stewardship of our environment to our children and others
– perhaps get wider attention in local media and further promote the activity
– have fun recording and sharing the experience and all whilst benefiting from a beach walk and some fresh sea air with family and friends!
We look forward to seeing and hearing of your experiences soon!
The AVETNS Green Schools Committee